Divorce Decree Apostille

Do you need a Divorce Decree Apostille?

A divorce decree issued from the Superior Court in the State of California must be a certified copy issued and signed by the Deputy Clerk.  In order to obtain a certified copy, you will need to contact the Superior Court and speak with department that can provide you a certified copy.  Please, note that every County (58 Counties in California) has a Superior Court.

For example, if you were divorced in Los Angeles, California, you will need to contact the Los Angeles Superior Court in order to obtain a certified copy.  Please, note that our office is unable to obtain a certified copy.  We can only process the documents that you mail in for processing.  There are service companies available who can obtain a certified copy for you.

We can apostille a divorce decree once we receive it at our offices.

A divorce decree must include:
– Certified copy issued from the Superior Court
– Seal, signature, and name of Deputy Clerk
– Must have seal (blue/purple in color) of the Superior Court

Here is an example:

We recommend that you ask a manager/supervisor to sign the certified copy. On average, 50% of divorce decree’s we receive at our office is rejected by the State because the signature of the Deputy Clerk is not on file with the State of California.  In order to avoid this, we ask that you obtain a signature of the manager or supervisor.

At International Apostille Services, Inc. California, we take the guesswork out of getting an apostille on divorce decree. Our trained and knowledgeable staff are available Monday – Saturday from 8am to 7pm to answer your questions and to provide you easy to follow step by step instructions. 1-888-810-4054 or 1-310-484-5296(International Callers).

Obtaining an apostille can be complicated. Don’t leave this process to untrained employees or non-professionals who do not fully understand the Apostille process and the unique requirements of certain countries. Your paperwork could be rejected costing you time and money. Don’t let this happen to you!

Click to download our California Apostille order form. Our Apostille service is fast, convenient, and saves you time and money.

Weekly Apostille Talk – Superior Court Divorce Decree

California Divorce Decree ApostilleDo you need an apostille on a California Divorce Decree?

There are many reasons why you would need to apostille a divorce decree.  If you are planning to get married, sell property, child custody requests, etc… you will be asked to obtain a California apostille on your Superior Court Divorce Decree.

In order for the State to certify your divorce decree, you will need to obtain a certified copy signed and stamped by the Deputy Clerk.  A certified divorce decree will have a color stamp on the front or on the back of the set of documents.  The county seal will typically be in blue/purple color and the document will contain a real signature and name of the Deputy Clerk.  We have seen some counties use different colors for the seal.

We recommend that when ordering a certified copy from the Superior Court, you request a manager or supervisor to sign the document.  This ensures that the Deputy Clerk’s signature will be on file with the State.  If the State cannot find the signature of the Deputy Clerk, they will contact the court for an update. This unforeseen delay can take a few days to complete.

There are currently 58 Superior Courts in California.  If you do not have a certified copy of your Divorce Decree, you will either need to contact your attorney or the Superior Court.  It’s common practice for attorney’s to mail you a copy and not a certified copy.  You can scan and email us a copy for review.  Keep in mind that only the State of California will make the final determination.

Why Choose Us?
As the leader in same-day California Apostille Services, we have the knowledge and experience necessary to authenticate your documents quickly saving you time and money.  We have seven offices in the United States including an office in San Francisco and Los Angeles.  You can download our California Apostille Services order form and mail in your documents for fast same-day processing.

Our San Francisco and Los Angeles customer support hours are Monday – Saturday from 8am to 7pm.  You can drop-off your documents at either one of our offices.  Please note that our walk-in service is from 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday.

International Apostille Services, Inc. is the leader in document authentication services. We process documents from all 50 U.S. States including documents issued by the U.S. Federal Government. Our in-house California notary has at least 10 years of notary experience. Call us anytime from 8am to 7pm Monday through Saturday.

Click to download our California Apostille order form. Our Apostille service is fast, convenient, and saves you time and money.

Name Change Apostille – California Superior Court Apostille

In the State of California, if you would like to change your name, you must petition the Superior Court to have your name changed by filling out form NC-100.  There are 58 Superior Courts in California with some counties having multiple locations.

The court process of getting a court order after filing a Petition for Change of Name can take up to 3 months. First, you file your petition. Then, you will get a court date between 6 and 12 weeks away. If you follow all the required steps and the court approves your request, you will get a court order called a “decree” changing your name. Some courts are busier than others and it may take longer.

During the course of one’s life, the last name may change. This could occur for many reason.  For example: getting married, divorcing, shortening the last name, changing the last name, government mistake, second marriage, protection, etc..  The problem arises is when that same person who came to live in the USA wants to go back home to their native country to establish identity again.

If the person’s name was changed, the requesting country will require documentation to show proof that the person is the same person as before.  If you where married and now divorced, the requesting country will ask for an Apostille on your Divorce Decree.  Some countries will automatically revert to your maiden name even if you are divorced and have not changed your name legally in the USA.  The burden of proof will fall to you to provide the other government with the information which is being requested.

In order to help authenticate your document, you must mail to our office a certified copy of the document signed and stamped by the Deputy Clerk of the Superior Court.  You can read more about a Divorce Decree Apostille and see examples of the blue/purple Superior Court seals placed on the documents.

Here is an example of a document stamped by the San Mateo Superior Court of California:

California Superior Court Seal San Mateo Sample









We’re here to help.  Please Contact Us with any questions you have.  We’ve provided Apostille service for thousands of documents originating from the 58 Superior Courts in California.


Click to download our California Apostille order form. Our Apostille service is fast, convenient, and saves you time and money.