Apostilles and Certifications only certify to the authenticity of the signature of the official who signed the document, the capacity in which that official acted, and when appropriate, the identity of the seal or stamp which the document bears. The Apostille does not validate the contents of the document.
The image on the right is a close-up look at the California Apostille red seal. The red seal is stamped on the right side of the California Apostille overlapping the original document.
The California Secretary of State authenticates signatures only on documents issued in the State of California signed by a notary public or the following public officials and their deputies:
- County Clerks or Recorders
- Court Administrators of the Superior Court
- Executive Clerks of the Superior Court
- Officers whose authority is not limited to any particular county
- Executive Officers of the Superior Court
- Judges of the Superior Court
- Public Notary
- State Officials
Here is an example of where the seal is placed on the original document. The California Apostille is attached to the top of the original and attached by two staples on the left hand side.
1. The original notarized and/or certified document(s). A photocopy is not acceptable.
2. The California Apostille order form.
3. A cashier check or money order payable to: Richard M. Johnston. If paying by Paypal, our Paypal email address is listed on the order form. We can also call you to process your credit card payment over the phone once we receive your original documents.
Before sending us your documents, we will need to speak with you to verify that your documents are eligible to receive an Apostille. Once verified, we recommend that you send us your documents via FedEx, UPS or Priority/Express Mail from the United States Postal Service. Always request a tracking number for your protection.
For documents received by 10:30 a.m., we guarantee that the documents will be completed in 1-2 business days (excluding Saturday, Sunday and major holidays). We provide FREE return shipping via FedEx Next Day service to anywhere in the United States.
Click to download our California Apostille order form. Our Apostille service is fast, convenient, and saves you time and money.