Benin Document Attestation | Certification

Benin is NOT a member of the Hague Apostille Convention and documents sent to this country will require Certification from the California Secretary of State.

Authenticating document for Benin may require additional steps before the Consulate General or Embassy will legalize the documents. These step are commonly referred to as Attestation, Legalization, and/or Certification.

Please be aware that Consulate and Embassy offices routinely change their requirements, fee structure, and jurisdiction. Once we have a full understanding of the type of documents you have, we can provide you an estimate on the cost and the number of days it will take to complete your documents.

A good rule of thumb is to also contact the Consulate or Embassy for help in answering your questions. You can also Contact Us anytime Monday-Saturday 8am to 7pm.

Here is an illustration to help explain the process better.

Document Attestation Certification

We can also certify documents issued from any US State including documents issued by the US Federal Government. Documents issued by the US Federal Government are processed through our office in Washington, D.C.

Common documents we receive are:

  • Apostille Process USABirth Certificates
  • Marriage Certificates
  • Death Certificates
  • Divorce Decree
  • Single Status Affidavit
  • Background Check (FBI, DOJ, Police)
  • Power of Attorney
  • Copy of Passport
  • Copy of Driver License
  • Transcripts
  • Diplomas
  • Authorization Letter
  • Travel Consent
  • Articles of Incorporation
  • Certificate of Good Standing
  • Certification of Free Sale
  • Certification of Origin
  • Commercial Invoice

Please Note: We can only help you with documents originating from the United States. If your documents originated from Benin you will need to contact the correct competent authority to assist you in that country.

International Document ShippingIf you are currently in Benin or another country and need help to certify your documents, please Contact Us and let us know how we can help. Certain documents will require notarization prior to the Certification by the State. If you are outside the country and need a notary, you can find one at the local U.S. Embassy or the U.S. Consulate office.

Certifying documents can be complicated. Don’t leave this process to untrained employees or non-professionals who do not fully understand the document certification process and the unique requirements of certain countries. Your paperwork could be rejected costing you time and money. Don’t let this happen to you!

Click to download our California Apostille order form. Our Apostille service is fast, convenient, and saves you time and money.