No Record of Marriage Apostille

If you are planning to get married in another country who is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention, you’ll be asked to provide a document called a No Record of Marriage.

Some countries may also refer to this document as:

Single Status Affidavit
Certificate of Freedom to Marry
Certificate of No Impediment for Marriage
Certificate of No Record – Marriage

Many foreign countries require a document for proof of No Record of Marriage before you are allowed to get married in their country. If you currently reside or have recently resided in California and need proof of No Record of Marriage for a foreign country, you need to make a request at the local County Clerk’s office.  There are 58 counties in California who can help you obtain this letter. If your County Clerk is unable to assist you, please contact us.

Check with the proper authorities (Foreign Country) regarding what type of documentation will be required from you. Please be sure to clearly specify to the County Clerk that you need a verification of no Record of Marriage Letter.  Also, many countries ask for your an Apostille on your Birth Certificate and Divorce Decree by the California Superior Court (If you were previously married) in addition to the No Record of Marriage.  Be sure you obtain a list of all documents requested by the foreign country in order to avoid any delays.

Click to download our California Apostille order form. Our Apostille service is fast, convenient, and saves you time and money.

Speak Your Mind