Single Status Affidavit Apostille

If you are planning to get married in another country who is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention, you’ll be asked to provide a document called a Single Status Affidavit.

Some countries may also refer to this document as:

No Record of Marriage
Certificate of Freedom to Marry
Certificate of No Impediment for Marriage
Certificate of No Record – Marriage

The reason why a country would ask for this document is because they want to make sure you are currently not married to somebody else.  These documents are generally sworn statements by you that you are eligible to marry.

This document can also be required for employment in a foreign country.

You can either write the document yourself and meet with a local notary to notarize it, or you can contact the local county clerk’s office for instructions.  There are 58 counties in California who can help you with this document.

In most cases, the country you plan on getting married in can help you with the form you will need and the exact information that should be printed on the form.

Click to download our California Apostille order form. Our Apostille service is fast, convenient, and saves you time and money.

Speak Your Mind